Design Your Polywood Shutters with our New Shutter Designer
Want to see what every Polywood shutter option looks like before your in-home consultation? Our Shutter Designer makes it easy. Choose your shutter color, louver size, tilt, and frame. And choose your wall color to get a more accurate feel for how our Polywood® shutters will complement your home. When you’re all done, you can download your selections and email them to our Sunburst store and we’ll send you a quote for custom-crafted Polywood shutters.
Here’s a few design tips:
- Most San Diego homeowners pick Snow White.
- 3.5” louvers narrowly edge out 4.5” louvers in popularity.
- Use a standard tilt rod for a rustic or traditional style room, and hidden tilt for more modern homes.
- Divider rails and split tilt are popular choices when you want to keep the bottom louvers closed for privacy and opening the top louvers to let in light.
- As for frames, the big rule of thumb is when you have casing/trim around your window, try the Decorative L, Flat L, or Standard L. No casing or trim: all frames will work.
- If your windows have a bottom sill piece—usually made from marble or wood—be sure to choose “with Sill” so you can get a full picture with the sill frame which sits on top of that sill piece.
- Interested in window treatments such as blinds or shades? Check out our Window Treatment Visualizer instead.