Leo Tolstoy said, “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” If you’re like me, every spring you want to let in the fresh air and clean out the cobwebs to get your home looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in San Diego to give your home a fresh start.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is a great time to make sure your home’s systems are running properly for the coming summer months. Homeowners in San Diego should inspect these things each spring:
- HVAC System. Test your air conditioning system to make sure it’s ready for summer. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by swapping out your furnace and air conditioning filters. Local HVAC companies may offer this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your loved ones safe by testing your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Put new batteries in your alarms every spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around doors and windows as well as kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Fix the caulking as you go. Put in window treatments, like plantation shutters, to increase the energy efficiency of your windows. Open all your windows to check that they can easily move.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
If you want to see your house really shine, give it a deep clean. Start by decluttering every room to open up the area. Then clean areas you don’t scrub regularly.These areas include floors, kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, and ceiling fans. Shine up your kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Move your furniture to clean the areas under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture as well.
Brighten your home by cleaning your windows. Wash your screens and windows to get rid of dirt and smudges. Wipe down your shutters, and clean your shades and draperies. You can give your window blinds a lift with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
After you’re done with deep cleaning, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
An easy way to redecorate your rooms is to find new ways to use things you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room an entirely new look. Or you can shop your house. This means you switch out the furniture and accessories you already have between rooms. Bring in more color with paint, bright accent pillows, and plants.
If you want to give your room a completely new look, then check out our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s full of photos of stunning rooms and window treatments for any space in your house. Once you’ve chosen colors and the style you want, you can look for furniture, paint colors, and accessories.
A simple update for your home is to add window treatments that match yourcurrent décor and freshen up your home. You can choose from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters. We also offer shades and blinds.
Get More Design Tips
Dive into our design tips for even more ideas for inspiration. And when you discover a look and window treatment that you love, give us a call at 760-405-8887 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our team of professionals will help you choose the right window treatment to give your home a beautiful new look this spring.